Selling a company, taking a company public, or executing a dividend recapitalization represent once-in-a-lifetime opportunities for business owners and executives to turn their concentrated equity positions into enduring, diversified wealth. Given the complexities related to taxes and potential SEC restrictions on various forms of equity and compensation that executives receive, careful planning is paramount to fully capitalizing on the opportunities related to liquidity events.
Learn how to:
- Determine your "numbers" - what are your goals and lifestyle desires? What is your critical capital needed to retire?
- Understand your compensation package - equity, stock options, RSUs, deferred comp and more
- Minimize your tax liability
- Coordinate your team of advisors
- Build a legacy - do you have charitable goals or wealth transfer goals to the next generation?
- Diversify your wealth